Sunday, January 01, 2006

2006 Goals

Happy New Year! I think (and many motivational speakers, management consultants, and the like agree) that setting goals is great way to develop one's fullest potential. The new year seems to be a fitting time to do it (and procrastinate from studying). Here it goes:
This year
  • 1/4/06 -- Pass the USMLE Step 2 CS.
  • 1/27/06 -- Bang out an astronomically sensational score on the USMLE Step 2 CK. I'm shooting for a minimum score of 102.5%
  • Spring 2006 -- Earning outstandings in my remaining rotations: family medicine, emergency medicine (surgery elective), and pediatrics. Not going to do them for a living (most likely) so I might as well take advantage of the experience and give it my all.
  • June/July 2006 -- Perform amazingly during my visiting student clerkships in interventional radiology and neuroradiology. Convince programs that I can handle their residency program while saving Universe.
  • August 2006 -- Start my (off-cycle) residency training as part the University of Illinois College of Medicine at Urbana-Champaign Residency Program in Internal Medicine. My first "real" job (aside from saving Universe)!
  • Fall 2006 -- Apply/interview for Vascular and Interventional Radiology DIRECT Pathway programs. Given the miracles I will have to have performed up until this point, the application process will be a cinch.
  • Publish work done with my students Josh and Amir.

In 5 years

In 10 years
  • Completed residency and fellowship training, working at an academic medical center.

And of course also meet my martial arts / combat sports goals.

No comments: